Friday, July 10, 2009

A Smile at Walmart

My little lady, Lillian is officially getting her one year molars. Ahh, how joyous! When Ryan was getting teeth, I never knew. One day I would just notice he had more teeth. That is SO not the case with Lil. The last day and a half my baby Bean has been MISERABLE. I am talking fever, tired, not wanting to eat, the whole bit! So this morning we went to go drop Ryan off for his last day of Rec, (they went to the beach), then I decided to take Lil to Walmart so I could empty my photo card. Even though she was grumpy, grumpy she still had a lot of fun meeting all the people in the store. This child just LOVES to people watch. She loves to sit in the carriage, and say a loud, "HI!" to everyone that walks by. Some were little old ladies who fawned over her for a couple minutes, and some were children who giggled and waved back, and some were big macho men. I found that the best reactions, by far was from the men. The big macho men who walk around thinking their "shit don't stank". They would walk by and she would stick her little hand in the air and say, "HI!". It is as if she caught them off guard, like they had to say hi. It is just amazing to me the reactions that she can get from people. I know that as her Mom, her smile lights up my life. But I didn't realize that she quite possibly could be brightening someone elses day too, with her smile.

No comments: