Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Love Squirrels!

I arrived at home yesterday afternoon and was surprised to find this hanging out in my living room window. This squirrel, by the looks of it, fell down my chimney, and busted through my glass doors on the fireplace. At which point he decided to run in the kitchen and check out the goods in there. Tracking soot from the fireplace EVERYWHERE! Max finally caught up with him, this is when the squirrel thought he was being smart and ran into the screened in window. So when I came home, it was Max on the couch barking out the open window with the squirrel trapped and clinging on for dear life in between the glass and the screen. THANK GOD FOR MAX! I proceeded to FREAK OUT! fully well knowing that Dan was not due home for a long time. I called my across the street neighbor. The only one home was the 18 yr old boy. I threw (almost literally) the kids upstairs, turned the tv on and threw a box of cheezits to them. They sat sharing cheezits for about 20 minutes. If I wasn't so preoccupied I would have taken pictures. Cameron (the neighbor) closed the window so that the squirrel was trapped. His advice to me was "just close the blind, you won't even know he's there" Right. Except that every 5 minutes or so the dog would get up from where he was laying, go over to the window and dig his teeth into the wooden bar on the window, and try to pull it open so to get the squirrel. I opted to call the Animal Control office, thinking they may be able to help me. WRONG! This is how the conversation went, "Hi, I am calling for Animal Control" "What is this regarding?" "Um..I have a squirrel in my house" "HA HA HA HA HA" (thats right, that is the woman laughing at me!) Then she said, "He doesn't get off work until 5pm, I will leave a message, he MIGHT stop by on the way home, but I doubt it." "Gee, thanks for your help" So needless to say, they never came. My good friend Clayton came to my rescue..MY HERO! Clay cut the screen from the outside and proceeded to poke the squirrel out. The following are some fun pics from our ordeal. A big thank you to my hero, Clayton!! :)







No comments: